Friday, April 15, 2011


Begin Transmission.

So I am a band nerd.
This is me at the Governor's 2011 Inaugural Parade.

 I admit, I love it. 

I'm in marching band, pep band, and I was forced to be in Symphony Band. I tried out in August 2010, but as a bass clarinet, it isn't really all that hard to get it. And so fall semester went by, and I loved it. It was awesome to play wonderful music with people who love it as much as I do, and can actually play it! I'm even going to Canada this April to play with the Symphony Band in a music festival in Whistler, where the Olympics were. Cool, huh? We just finished a recording session with Bob Buckley, recording his music for a cd. When that comes out I'm gonna put the bonus track up here, cause it was AWESOME. We sang Free Running, a song that is at 176 bpm, and consists of only 8th notes.... YEAH. 

But for serious:
Music saved my life. 
I joined band to get out of P.E. cause it was pure torture. 
I was teased.
I had one friend.
I was weird.
I can go on but I'm not going to. 
I don't know where I would be if I didn't join band. I don't think I would still be living. But here is the equation, cause quite literally, band saved me.

hating P.E. -> band -> making friends -> meeting Karrie (current best friend) -> Karrie convincing me to go to church -> Jesus came into my life.

Told you it saved me. Now I am a Christian, a follower of Christ, and I've never been happier. 

Music changed my life for the better, and anyone who thinks band is for nerds, it is. Because nerds are the best kind of people. 
They'll stay by your side till the end of time.

End Transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment